Summer 2009 - The "Hole" Summer

(I'm finally catching up on the summer.)

We spent a ton of time in Jackson Hole this summer. We were there for Memorial Day, the 4th of July, and many other times. Unfortunately, we were bad luck this summer and had bad weather most of the times we were in Jackson but we still had plenty of fun with the family!

On the 4th of July we went to Hidden Falls. Jaxon loves to hike in his backpack (but he usually falls asleep!)
The fireworks show in Jackson is pretty good. I even woke Jaxon up just to say he saw fireworks on his first 4th of July! (And I still haven't missed one 4th of July in Jackson yet!)
On a couple of other trips we discovered an awesome hike to Phelp's Lake. (Jackson is just so beautiful in the summer!)

He sure loves his "Papa" May!!
Contemplating life . . . like father, like son!
Unfortunately, my Grandma May died this summer so we spent a lot of time at the ranch. I am so glad Jaxon got to experience a little of it before my Grandpa no longer lives there.

We got to see my Grandpa again after the funeral when he came with my uncles to clean out his house. This picture has 4 generations - Jaxon, his Mom, Grandpa, and Great-Grandpa. His Great-Grandpa May was excited to see him because he was the first great-grandson after 5 great-granddaughters!
It was so good to see him but sad that he will no longer be living in Jackson.
Jaxon got to "help" his Grandma and Grandpa pick raspberries at the ranch one evening.
They have the most amazing raspberry patch!
Jax also got to sit in the big tractor with his "Papa".
(I think "Papa" May loves finally having a boy to play trucks with!)
Papa calls Jax "Boy".
The ranch has always been a huge part of my life and I'm having a hard time letting it go. I will very much miss spending time there and sharing it with my children.

We also got to spend some time with my parents' neighbors. They are a great family and have a little boy exactly one month younger than Jaxon.
We had a few swimming parties together.
They even had a special birthday celebration for both Jaxon and their son.

They had party hats, presents, and cupcakes! (Jaxon and his buddy got most of the cupcakes on themselves! I think they each had 4 or 5!)
The birthday boys!!

Unfortunately, they moved at the end of September. We will really miss playing with them!

My parents took such good care of us on all our trips! They fed us and played with us. Jaxon became good buddies with his Grandma May because she helped watch him for me while I got some work done.

Thanks Mom and Dad for putting up with us this all summer!

1 comment:

MStevenson said...

Looks like a really pretty place.